Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Conversion Post

My name is Kerri.

I could go through the hassle of establishing a non de plume, but I wasn't thinking when I set this up and I signed in with my real name. Note to Potential Stalkers: Please don't.

The purpose of this is to make contact with other diabetics. It's one of those diseases (or maybe they're all this way, I'm not sure) where even if you have the mechanics of it completely mastered, the psychological battle is just as daunting. Every time I test my bloodsugar, the result stirs me up emotionally. If I'm high, I feel guilty. Or surprised. Or angry. If I'm low, I feel anxious. And slightly panicky. Or confused. A normal reading level might make me feel cocky. Or successful. But they all make me feel something. And it's not just physiological. There is so much involved in the daily maintenance of diabetes that a support network isn't just nice, it's necessary.

Reach out. Ask questions. Answer the litany I'm sure to ask. Network network network. And when that doesn't work, just repeat repeat repeat.

3 Comments:

At May 04, 2005 11:33 AM, Blogger Tekakwitha said...

Hey Kerri,

Thanks for linking to my site! Also, I just wanted to tell you that your story about your friend Batman made me laugh. I have a friend that would always inquire about my blood sugar when I was checking it and we'd both guess what it was going to be. He was always so interested in learning about it (he still is, but lives in a different city now). Anyway, it's fun to have friends who know about it all and take the time to care about the disease and you!

Tekakwitha

 
At May 06, 2005 12:14 PM, Blogger Violet said...

Hey Kerri, welcome to blogger. What happened to your old site?

Read your profile. I just KNEW you were a writer. And I promise not to stalk you ;)

 
At May 04, 2012 9:19 PM, Anonymous katy said...

I am so grateful for you, Kerri! Happy anniversary SUM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home