Thursday, November 03, 2005

King Kong on a Job Interview




My friend Don and I were King Kong and Ann Darrow for the Halloween contest at work. Only, I was King Kong. And he was my tall, male, blond wigged counterpart in a white thrift store dress.

It was Chris's idea, really. He knew that I was thinking about a joint costume for work and he suggested King Kong and Ann Darrow. "Because you have blonde hair. It would work," he offered.

But I wanted to be King Kong. The idea of Don dressed up as a woman made me laugh so hard I could hardly control myself. So on went the expensive gorilla mask from iParty. On went the ridiculous furry feet. On went the black skirt, black shirt, and heels. I couldn't wear a full gorilla suit because I couldn't deal with the premise that I could end up having to do something work related... which would leave me at my desk, banging away on the keyboard or answering the phone dressed in furry splendor. I opted for a more conservative route.

I looked like King Kong on a job interview.

We didn't win the costume contest. And we were pretty much stripped of our dignity by the end of the day. But it was fun. And it was almost as good as last year's costumes...

Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf....

(Don is an excellent sport. Thanks, Don!)

5 Comments:

At November 04, 2005 10:01 AM, Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Kerri, I think you needed to post a photo showing the full effect -- a be-skirted King Kong just sounds too funny...

Oh, and Don-- excellent sport, indeed.
(but alas, I'm afraid he is no Fay Wray)

 
At November 04, 2005 2:18 PM, Blogger d double e said...

Who is that you're holding in your Kong-sized hands?

I was going to post a parade of bad puns (Wow, that sure is monkey-ing around), but I am trying to use self-control.

Great costume.

 
At November 04, 2005 4:08 PM, Blogger Kerri. said...

I am strangling my coworker, Don, with my enormous monkey hands. He is both a good sport and a foolish man for putting up wiht my constant prattle.

Bring on the puns.

 
At November 04, 2005 10:50 PM, Blogger d double e said...

It seems like there is nothing but monkey-business at your job.

I don't need your monkey-wrench.

I go Ape for a good costume.

Where is Mario when you need him? (bad Donkey Kong reference)

OK, its too late for anymore...

 
At November 07, 2005 9:40 AM, Blogger Tekakwitha said...

*phew*

Now I'm not the only adult with foolish Halloween pictures up! :) Both costumes are great!

-tek

 

Post a Comment

<< Home