Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Daisy in the Sand

Sometimes life moves just so damn fast.

I miss so much, rushing from one place to another, making sure I attend to every obligation. Too much coffee, not enough sleep, phone is ringing, writing to be done, meetings to attend, consulting, and a workout to squeeze in daily. How many hours are in this day? How many do I spend working? How often do I take a breath?

The sun rises, sets, and I'm still going well into the night.

But some days, some days are filled with sunshine and the promise that if I just stop for one second...
... I'll see something breathtaking.

5 Comments:

At April 30, 2006 8:38 PM, Blogger LaLa said...

Kerri,
You seem to have read my mind today! Most days I feel so overwhelmed with "things" and "duties" that I forget to just enjoy each day and to find something beautiful, something amazing, in each day.

In the bustle of everday life, I often forget to be thankful for my health, for having a job that provides me with insurance, for family and friends that love me... I could go on and on. Thanks for the beautiful reminder. Your eloquent writing again has me in awe. :)

 
At May 01, 2006 8:24 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Sometimes you just have to stop and smell the Gerbera daisies :)

 
At May 01, 2006 9:32 AM, Blogger Vivian said...

Kerri-
This should definitely be a PSA. Have a great day and here is to all of us finding something breathtaking in every day.
Thanks.

 
At May 01, 2006 9:58 AM, Blogger Johnboy said...

Kerri, your blog today struck a note with me. I often feel like I don't stop to notice and appreciate all of the beauty around me.

Maybe we should challenge ourselves to enjoy 15 minutes of peaceful reflection without music or any other distraction...just the sounds, sites, smells and textures of nature.

Could time be made for that?

 
At May 02, 2006 2:26 PM, Blogger cHoCoMiLkRoCkS said...

Hi Kerri,

many thanks for sending me your good thoughts. it's worked a treat, i've had a fantastic diabetes day. i'm feeling pretty smug actually.

he he :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home